Registration is Now Open!
The 21st Annual International Symposium on Therapeutic Ultrasound is coming soon on June 7 - 10, 2022.
This year's Symposium will be a hybrid meeting ~ offering both in-person, as well as a virtual attendance option.
Join scientists, engineers, clinicians and industry from around the world as we bring together the great minds leading the future of the field and highlight the diverse body of work by so many of our members.
- Attend sessions covering topics ranging from Thermal Therapy, Histotripsy to Immunotherapy and much more.
- Learn basic science and new developments of ultrasound therapy systems and applications in open discussions led by experts in the field concentrating on all the main areas of medical application.
- View scientific presentations and invited lectures, poster sessions, student awards and mentor sessions, and interesting workshops.
- Exchange ideas, collaborate and envision novel applications of therapeutic ultrasound.
- View the Draft ISTU 2022 Program
Abstract Submissions Are Now Open!
The Abstract (Oral and Posters) Submissions Deadline is February 15, 2022 by 9pm EST.
The Scientific Committee will review the abstracts and notification of acceptance or rejection will be made by email by March 15, 2022.
The Submissions System will open for late-breaking poster only submissions on March 16th. Late-breaking submissions are due by 9pm EST on April 15, 2022. No submissions will be accepted after that date. The Scientific Committee will review the late-breaking abstracts and notification of acceptance or rejection will be made by email by May 1, 2022.
Abstract Topics Include:
- Cavitation Physics
- Cavitation Monitoring and Control
- Cavitation Agents
- Thermal Therapy and Monitoring
- Hardware and Systems and/or Treatment Planning
- Drug Delivery
- Emerging Technology and Applications
- Organ Focus: Brain
- Organ Focus: Prostrate and Kidney
- Organ Focus: Liver and Pancreas
- Organ/system Focus: Cardiac and Vascular
- Organ/system Clinical Focus: MSK
- Organ/clinical Focus: Women’s Health
Toronto is Canada’s largest city, and the fourth-largest in North America. Toronto is a global business, entertainment and tourism hub, famous for its progressiveness and diversity. Toronto may be the world’s most global city, with 50 per cent of the population born outside of Canada, and more than 200 languages and dialects are spoken in Toronto.
Toronto sits on the northern shore of Lake Ontario (the easternmost of the Great Lakes) and has a shoreline stretching 43 kilometres featuring sandy beaches, marinas and working ports.
Two major rivers flow through Toronto into Lake Ontario: The Humber River on the west side of the city and the Don River on the east side. Each has tributaries that create a vast ravine system of forests and trails to explore throughout the city.
Stay informed about travel requirements to minimize delays and stress while travelling to Ontario from within Canada or abroad.
All fully vaccinated travelers, including international travelers and U.S. citizens, can now travel to Canada for non-essential purposes.
This year’s Gala Event will take place on the evening of Thursday, June 9, 2022. Please join in the celebration at a unique Toronto venue while enjoying local food specialties and drinks.
We’ll be updating the website with more details and location information soon. Tickets will be limited, so be sure and book early when you register!
We've put together some recommended hotels that are convenient to the conference venue, and offer many choices for your budget.
We are finalizing the location of our Conference Venue. Check back soon for more updates.