We are excited to continue the ISTU On-Air monthly webinar series in 2021. These are designed to promote knowledge of Therapeutic Ultrasound and increase discussion among the ISTU community. A committee led by Kim Butts Pauly and Cyril Lafon are actively working on the programming for the webinar series.
Our next webinar of 2021 will be held on February 25, 2021 featuring Eleanor Stride, Ph. D., Professor of Biomedical Engineering at St Catherine's College, Oxford presenting:
“Bubbles, Targeted, Droplets, Science Behind the Agents”
This session will be moderated by Paul A. Dayton from the UNC-NCSU Ultrasound Research Consortium. Dr. Dayton’s research involves developing new technologies for imaging blood flow, microvasculature, and molecular markers using ultrasound and microbubble contrast agents. Several of Dr. Dayton’s recent contributions to the field include techniques to improve the sensitivity and consistency of ultrasound imaging through optimization of contrast agent size distribution, the demonstration of high-resolution, high- SNR ultra broadband imaging, and techniques for real-time molecular imaging. An additional area of interest is ultrasound-mediated therapeutics with micro and nanoparticles. Dr. Dayton’s primary interest is in developing and applying tools for non-invasive assessment of angiogenesis progression and tumor response to therapy.
This webinar will be held live on February 25, 2021 at the following local times:
- 8:00 - 9:00 PT (West Coast, USA)
- 11:00 - 12:00 ET (East Coast, USA)
- 16:00 - 17:00 (UK)
- 17:00 - 18:00 (Continental Europe)
- 23:00 - 24:00 (China)
- 24:00 - 1:00 (Japan and Korea)
Registration for this event is required. The Webinar Series will be recorded and available to members for later review. Confirmation of your registration and the Zoom Conference Link Info will be emailed to all registered attendees prior to the meeting.
2021 ISTU On-Air Webinar Series Schedule
- January 21: From biology to bytes: Predicting the path of ultrasound waves through the human brain - Bradley Treeby
- February 25: Bubbles, Targeted, Droplets, Science Behind the Agents - Eleanor Stride, Ph.D.
- March 25: Bioeffects of Ultrasound - Tatiana Khokhlova, Ph.D.
- April 29: FUS in Neurodegenerative Disorders - Jürgen Götz, Ph.D.
- May 27: To Be Announced
- June 24: To Be Announced
- July 22: Focused Ultrasound in the Brain: Clinical Applications and Technical Challenges in Japan - Toshio Yamaguchi
We want to extend our gratitude to our Industry Partners for their support of our 2021 ISTU On-Air Webinar Series.
Please visit their online exhibit booths to learn more about their products.