We are excited to continue the ISTU On-Air monthly webinar series in 2021. These webinars are designed to promote knowledge of Therapeutic Ultrasound and increase discussion among the ISTU community. A committee led by Alfred C. H. Yu, Ph.D. is actively working on the programming for the webinar series.
Our next webinar on September 23rd will feature Mikhail Shapiro, Ph.D. presenting:
"Ultrasound as a Remote Control for Cellular Therapy"
This webinar will be held live on September 23, 2021 at the following local times:
- 8:00 - 9:00 PT (West Coast, USA)
- 11:00 - 12:00 ET (East Coast, USA)
- 16:00 - 17:00 (UK)
- 17:00 - 18:00 (Continental Europe)
- 23:00 - 24:00 (China)
- 24:00 - 1:00 (Japan and Korea)
Registration for this event is required. The Webinar Series will be recorded and available to members for later review. Confirmation of your registration and the Zoom Conference Link Info will be emailed to all registered attendees prior to the meeting.
Mikhail Shapiro, Ph.D. is a Professor of Chemical Engineering, an Investigator of the Heritage Medical Research Institute, and director of the Center for Molecular and Cellular Medicine at the California Institute of Technology. The Shapiro laboratory develops biomolecular technologies allowing cells to be imaged and controlled inside the body using ultrasound to enable the study of biological function and the development of cell-based diagnostic and therapeutic agents.
This session will be moderated by Dr. Alfred Yu, a Professor of Biomedical Engineering at the University of Waterloo, Canada and the Director of Laboratory on Innovative Technology in Medical Ultrasound (LITMUS). His research interests include therapeutic ultrasound biophysics and sonoporation-mediated drug delivery. Dr. Yu’s scientific research is recognized by various prestigious prizes, including the Frederic Lizzi Award from ISTU, the IEEE Ultrasonics Early Career Investigator Award, and the Ontario Early Career Researcher Award. He is a dedicated contributor to the ultrasonics community. Between 2013-2016, he was a member of the standing program committee for ISTU’s annual symposium, and he was the basic science track organizer of ISTU’s inaugural Education Day event in 2014. He is currently an Associate Editor of IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics & Frequency Control, an Editorial Board Member of Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology, and the Medical Ultrasound Group Chair of IEEE Ultrasonics Symposium.
We want to extend our gratitude to our Industry Partner for this webinar. Please visit their online exhibit booth to learn more about their products.
2021 ISTU On-Air Webinar Series Schedule
- February 25: Bubbles, Targeted, Droplets, Science Behind the Agents - Eleanor Stride, Ph.D.
- March 25: Bioeffects of Ultrasound - Tatiana Khokhlova, Ph.D.
- April 29: FUS in Neurodegenerative Disorders - Jürgen Götz, Ph.D.
- June 24: Focused Ultrasound in Gynecology - Young-sun Kim, M.D.
- July 22: Focused Ultrasound in the Brain: Clinical Applications and Technical Challenges in Japan - Toshio Yamaguchi
- September 23: Ultrasound as a Remote Control for Cellular Therapy - Mikhail Shapiro, Ph.D.
- October 28: To Be Announced
- December 2: To Be Announced