The 19th Annual International Symposium for Therapeutic Ultrasound was held on June 13-15, 2019. Thank you to everyone – the scientists, engineers, clinicians and industry partners – from around the world that joined us in Barcelona, Spain for the first joint meeting between the International Society for Therapeutic Ultrasound (ISTU) and the European Focused Ultrasound Charitable Society (EUFUS).
The meeting’s scientific content, including complete abstracts, has been published in the Final Abstracts Book, a searchable PDF document.
- Sessions covered topics ranging from Modeling and Physics, and Thermal Ablation to Immunotherapy and much more.
- Experts in the field led open discussions covering the basic science and new developments of ultrasound therapy systems and applications, concentrating on all the main areas of medical application.
- Attendees enjoyed scientific presentations and invited lectures, poster sessions, student awards, and interesting workshops.
- The Symposium was held at the historic building of the Universitat de Barcelona, one of the most emblematic sites in the city centre, which was constructed in 1863 by the architect Elies Rogent. The building was one of the focal points in the new layout of the Catalan capital.
- Physics and modelling
- Hardware and systems
- Metrology and dosimetry
- Treatment planning
- Thermal Therapy
- Non- thermal therapies/histotripsy
- Drug delivery
- MR imaging and guidance
- US imaging and guidance
- Pancreas, Liver, Kidney
- Brain (tumors, neurological, neuromodulation)
- Emerging Technologies